Maurice Morse Scholarship Application
To complete this application, you will need the following information and files to upload. Please make sure you have all the information and files before starting the application.
- A photo of yourself
- Current school, address and anticipated graduation date
- An official copy of your transcript covering grades 9-12
- Two letters of reference (This cannot be someone who is a relative) One must be an academic reference (teacher, counselor, club advisor, etc.). One must be from a person within your community
- A copy of the acceptance letter from the college you’ll attend (or proof that you applied)
- A letter verifying volunteer hours (or listed on the official transcript)
- A typed essay as described later in the application (min. 400 words)
- Explanation of why you should be chosen
- Students must either be a Pasadena resident, student in the Pasadena Unified School District or a current/former ACT-SO student
Part 1 (50 Words)
State briefly why you feel you should be granted this scholarship.
Part 2 (Minimum 400 Words)
Please cover ALL of the following topics in the essay:
- A list of key contributions you think the NAACP has made to society.
- A brief description of your career objectives and why you chose them.
- Do you think college graduates should give back to the community?
- Who, other than a relative, has inspired you? How did that person inspire you?
Please make sure you have all the information and files before starting the application.