The Labor and Industry Committee attempts to improve the economic status of minority groups by:
- working to eliminate discriminatory employment practices in industry and government, wage differentials based on race, unequal opportunities for training, promotion and unfair dismissals;
- encouraging greater participation in the trade union movement;
- working to end discriminatory practices in labor unions;
- securing the enactment of local, state and federal fair employment practices legislation; and
- working for improved opportunities in vocational and apprenticeship training.
With upcoming construction work in the Pasadena area, we are looking to match qualified workers with opportunities. If you are interested, please fill out and submit the following form with your information.