To promote economic development and business opportunities through advocacy, networking and education, and capacity-development for minority-owned businesses, students, entrepreneurs, educators, and innovators.
- Implement local efforts to promote the growth of business ownership
- Increase employment and job creation through new technology sector and skill-based careers
- Encourage financial responsibility and home ownership
- Creation of minority support groups and resources
- Ally-building with diverse supporters of minority business community
Google Career Certificate Scholarships
In line with our mission to develop capacity and promote opportunities, we are planning to sponsor scholarships for these new Google Career Certificates. Read more about the program in this Inc. article or this Open Culture article.
If you are interested in sponsoring these scholarships, we are asking for 4 scholarships at $240 each. Please send a check to our office, NAACP Pasadena Branch, 595 Lincoln Ave, Suite 103, Pasadena, CA 91103. Please specify that this is for the Google Certificate Scholarship Program. We are currently in the process of setting up online giving for this purpose.
Monthly – Second Tuesday at 7pm / Location: NAACP Pasadena HQ
Follow Us on Facebook
Check out our Facebook Group Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NAACPPasadenaEconDev