Maurice Morse Scholarship Application
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 Stay-At-Home ordinance, our office is closed until further notice. We are unable to accept applications by USPS or hand delivery. Please submit your application online below. Deadline has been extended to May 1, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
Confirmation of receipt will be sent after May 1st to all students who submitted online or to the NAACP office prior to the Stay-At-Home ordinance.
To complete this application, you will need the following information and files to upload. Please make sure you have all the information and files before starting the application.
- Photo of yourself
- School address and phone number, graduation date
- Official high school transcript covering grades 9-12*
- Reference letter from high school teacher, and teacher’s phone or email address
- Reference letter from a person within your community, and person’s phone or email address
- Explanation of why you should be chosen
- Essay covering all required topics (see list below)
- Acceptance letter from the college you’ll attend or proof that you have applied
- Letter verifying the requested volunteer community service or listed on the official transcript
- Parent or Guardian signature, from last page of application PDF
* Transcripts: You may either (1) upload current non-official transcripts in the online application process, OR (2) have official transcripts emailed by your school counselor or registrar to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting student name and attending school.
Please submit a typed essay in which you cover ALL of the following topics:
- A list of key contributions you think the NAACP has made to society.
- A brief description of your career objectives and why you chose them.
- Do you think college graduates should give back to the community?
- Who, other than a relative, has inspired you? How did that person inspire you?
Please make sure you have all the information and files before starting the application.