The goals of the Education/Scholarships/Maurice Morse Tea Committee are as follows:
- Seek to eliminate segregation and other discriminatory practices in public education
- Study local educational conditions affecting minority groups
- Investigate the public school system and school zoning
- Familiarize itself with textbook material there from which is racially derogatory
- Seek to stimulate school attendance
- Keep informed of school conditions and strive to correct abuses where found
- Investigate the effects of standardized and high-stakes testing practices
- Teacher certification
- Promote parental involvement in education
- Aim to be a center of popular education on the race question and on the work of the Association.
For more information about the Maurice Morse Scholarship, visit this page.